Terms and Conditions of use of Website and Smartphone App
1. Definitions: The Definitions listed in the Conditions of Carriage apply here.
2. Binding Agreement:
These Terms constitute a legally binding document that sets out the terms and conditions applicable to you, the User, when accessing and using the Website.
Your access to and use of the Website is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms shall apply to all visitors and users of the Website.
By accessing or using the Website you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms. For this reason, please make sure that you (i) read and understand these Terms before making use of the Website and; (ii) that you periodically check these Terms since they may be updated from time to time.
We kindly ask you to refrain from making use of the Website if you disagree with these Terms.
3. Use of Website by Minors: If you are a minor, please keep in mind that you need your parents’ or legal guardians’ consent before accessing and making use of this Website. Remember, your use of this Website shall signify that your parents’ / legal guardians’ consent has been obtained.
4. Intellectual Property: All information, data, underlying computer programmes, domain names, URLs, databases, names in general, logos, designs, colour schemes, source codes, text, images, animations, graphics, trademarks, icons, buttons, pictures, videos, sound recordings and any other material shown on this Website belong or are licensed to Gozo Fast Ferry. For this reason, they are protected by law and their use by You, other than as provided in these Terms, is prohibited unless prior written consent is first obtained from Us. Likewise, the transfer, sub-licence, laying of claims over the Website and its content, reproduction, transformation, derivative work, distribution, communication, extraction, reutilization of such Website and content is also strictly prohibited.
5. License to You: Subject to your compliance with the Terms, Gozo Fast Ferry grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferrable and revocable (without notice and with and/or without cause) license to access, use and view the Website and its contents exclusively for your personal use and according to its intended purpose. All other rights are expressly reserved.
Your use of the website must at all times be in line with the law. Any efforts to data mine or the use web spiders, works, viruses, robots or any other ways of collecting data is prohibited. You are also forbidden from hindering, hampering, damaging and acquiring illegitimate access to the Website.
(Please note that the above list is not exhaustive).
6. Consequences of Violating The Terms: Should you not follow these Terms, Gozo Fast Ferry may hold you legally liable. It may also, prevent you from accessing or using the Website any further. Gozo Fast Ferry also reserves its right to take any action deemed so necessary to protect itself and third parties.
You will also be held responsible for any fees, fines, penalties, claims and other liability incurred by Us or others as a result of your breach of the Terms and your misuse of the website.
7. Limitation of Our Liability: Gozo Fast Ferry shall not be held liable for any damages (whatever they may be) and injuries that you and/or third parties may suffer both directly and indirectly as a result of your use of the Website or the use of the Website by third parties. By using the Website you agree to indemnify and hold Us harmless against any claims, actions, damages, injuries and losses that you or third parties may suffer as a result.
8. Content Accuracy: Although we always strive to provide you with the latest updates and most accurate data, there might be instances where this is not possible due to certain unexpected changes that we experience, such as in our products and services. Therefore, we cannot always guarantee the validity, timeliness, reliability, accuracy or completeness of the Website and any content made available thereon, whether by us or third parties. We also cannot make representations on the quality or nature of the content, products or services obtained through the Website.
Use of the Website shall, therefore, be entirely at your own risk.
9. Third-Party websites and Promotions:The Website may have links to websites operated by other parties. You are solely responsible for deciding whether you want to access these links or not. Gozo Fast Ferry is not responsible for such websites and we disclaim all liability arising from your use of them.
10. General Terms: These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Us in relation to your use of the Website.
Our failure to assert all or part of any right or provision of the Terms may not be deemed as a waiver of such right or provision unless agreed to by Us previously in writing.
If any provision of these Terms, is held to be void or unenforceable in whole or in part by any court or other competent authority, these Terms shall continue to be valid as to the other provisions contained in them and the remainder of the affected provision. Paragraph headings are only for guidelines and shall not affect the interpretation of the Terms.
11. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law: These Terms are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Maltese Law Courts and shall be interpreted in line with Maltese Law.
12. Suggestions and Submissions: We welcome any feedback and comments that you may have regarding the Website. We invite you to get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember any information, comments, suggestions, ideas, concepts, recommendations and other materials submitted to Us and consequently used by Us shall be considered as wholly owned by us, not subject to confidentiality obligations and freely available for use by Us, both commercially and otherwise.